Most Popular Posts

Friday 15 May 2015

Hong Kong Beauty Haul


 
So I've been pretty awful with blogging and going on holiday was a prime opportunity to upload more posts but university work got in the way (i.e. I got lazy) and don't really have a lot to show for my holiday, except this post now.


I raided Duty Free in Heathrow before our flight holiday because it meant cheaper M.A.C. products and you just can't say no to that. I bought a couple of lip liners in Whirl and Spice. Whirl because of the infamous Kylie Jenner lips and Spice because it was just a beautiful colour. I don't find the lasting power to be incredible - the colour stays on relatively fine but if you're outlining then it fades quite quickly. I also bought the paint pot in Constructivist which is a slightly shimmery brown and it lasted all day - even through the humidity and the sweat!

I had heard that Shu Uemera did eyelash curlers that were out of this world and intrigued, I went into one of the stores in HK. To a lovely surprise, it was significantly cheaper to buy it there than it is in the UK so I went for it. I have to say that it really is an incredible eyelash curler too. Just one press and they're elevated already.

The beauty product that I am fond of most though that can't be found in the UK (for a non-extortionate price) is the Majolica Majorca Lash King mascara. I find that it holds the eyelash curl better than any other mascara I've used and the 5mm long fibers lengthen my lashes like no other. Sadly, I only bought one so I'm going to have to think very carefully about when I want to open it.

Watsons and Sasa are like the Superdrug and Boots of Hong Kong and so inevitably, I bought some mundane items too like Biore pore strips (cheaper in HK), oil absorbing sheets and EOS lip balms (also cheaper in HK).

I'd really recommend everything that I bought on holiday. Although I did get them cheaper, I think they are worth the UK price too and are definitely worth investing in.

Have you splurged on any beauty items recently?
Natalie

Post a Comment